10.4.07

Another one,Space Adventures' Orbital Client, Charles Simonyi




Mission Update: Successfully Launches, Bound for the International Space Station
Charles Simonyi, Ph.D., and his crew successfully launched aboard a Soyuz TMA spacecraft, from Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan, en route to the International Space Station (ISS).
"I consider my mission to be a small part of an important trend to make space accessible to more people. I hope to share my mission with many others through my Web site, http://www.charlesinspace.com/, which I will continue to update during my time on the ISS," said software pioneer and aviator, Dr. Simonyi. "I feel very lucky to be the world's fifth civilian space traveler and I am very thankful to Space Adventures for providing me with this opportunity."



Dr. Simonyi oversaw the development of Microsoft Word and Excel, prior to founding, Intentional Software. He is credited, alongside fellow software developer, Butler Lampson, with creating the first WYSIWYG program.
In preparation for his flight, Dr. Simonyi completed an intensive training program in Star City, Russia. While onboard the ISS, he will be assist several international space agencies by conducting experiments, communicate live with hundreds of high school students via HAM radio, and celebrate Cosmonauts' Day by presenting a six-course meal to the space station crew.
Further information regarding Dr. Simonyi's training, spaceflight and activities aboard the ISS can be found here.






may the force be with you

buzz it!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: